As a company that has been established in the Grimsby and Immingham area for over 100 years we are committed to supporting the local community and people, plus our links with Scandinavia.
- Support the Swedish Challenge, which is a project Carlbom Shipping founded in conjunction with ABP and Humber EBL (Education Business Links). This annual challenge works with local schools and involves 14 year olds pitching their ideas to market the Ports of Immingham and Grimsby to a Swedish manufacturing company.
- Supporting Immingham’s One Voice community group alongside ABP
- Lincolnshire branch of the English Speaking Union, which is a charitable organisation that seeks to bring together and empower people of different languages and cultures through the English language
- Through the ESU we have created the Carlbom Scholarship for people in Lincolnshire who want to further their life experiences and education
- Supporting the Humber Seafarers’ Service which includes the Sailors’ Society and The Mission to Seafarers
- Through the Swedish Consulate we host a number of Swedish Choirs
- Support the music and performing arts services in North East Lincolnshire (MAPAS)